Thursday, August 14, 2008

squash


We planted a garden in the back corner of our yard this year. It's definitely been a year of experimentation so I've learned a lot - but have also had some luck! I have so much zucchini I don't know what to do with it anymore. I've given it away to friends and co-workers (who are also sick of it by now, I'm sure), I've made four loaves of zucchini bread, 36 chocolate zucchini cupcakes, a zucchini lasagna, zucchini pasta salad, and have six bags of shredded zucchini in the freezer. I can't imagine wanting to eat zucchini anytime again soon, but I have it frozen for when that day comes! Anyway, just a warning to those ever planning on planting zucchini - plant just ONE plant. I planted two zucchini and two squash plants and ... well, you get the picture.

1 comment:

Molly Alyssum said...

mmmmmm, zucchine bread. Chocolate zucchini bread is the best!